1. We had a really good science lesson at school today.
2. I found an unusual insect on the wall outside our house.
3. It’s your birthday next week. Are you going to have a party?
4. We waited for hours, but we finally saw the Queen.
5. Why don’t we listen to the radio?
6. Have you got a euro I could borrow?
7. Mum has gone to the bank, but she’ll be back soon.
8. Where have you been? I’ve been waiting for you for over an hour.
I had a really bad day on (-) Tuesday. I bought a new game on CD-ROM for my computer, but the game didn’t work properly. I took it back to the shop on (-) North Street, but the manager blamed me! He pointed to a scratch on the CD-ROM and said I’d done it. I couldn’t believe it! I had to buy a new one!
1. English music was popular in America in the 1960s.
2. Would you prefer to read a book or watch television?
3. We had maths at school yesterday, and our teacher gave us a surprise test!
4. Peter joined the police and caught ten thieves in his first month.
5. Gordon wanted to be a writer, so he studied English at university.
6. Suddenly, two UFOs appeared in the sky over Washington.